Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What is the eastiest way to deal with credit card debt?

Recently, I was put in a very difficult position due to my husband losing his job. My income was all we were living on and we have 2 kids to care for. While my husband was job hunting I racked up some pretty good charge card debt because I had to pay childcare for two kids as well as our regular bills just from my own paycheck. Leaving nothing left really. So I called the credit card companies directly and had some luck with them working with me. Other places weren't as nice and could care less where I stand. I am set up with payment plans for some, but as I said, others refuse to really help me.





I've spoken to some different people associated with these CC's and they have mentioned settlement offers. I'm in no position to do this quite yet but it's definitely an option. Because it's still a struggle, I pay what I can even if it's $10. My credit is toast and I'm trying to repair it so am I better off doing small payments or better off saving up for the settlement offers instead?

What is the eastiest way to deal with credit card debt?
Have you thought about speaking to a credit counselor--there are options out there--like a debt managment program. I went with Debt Counseling Corporation--after much research. They helped me with a budget and we found areas that i could reduce and she gave me great tips on saving that i did not think of. You should call them --at least check them out to see what they suggest





http://www.debtcounselingcorp.org


No comments:

Post a Comment