Wednesday, October 21, 2009

If I pay off a debt with a collection agency will the original creditor note it as paid on my credit report?

Does the agency inform the original creditor the debt has been paid? Also, is the case if an agreement was made to pay a certain amount of the debt?

If I pay off a debt with a collection agency will the original creditor note it as paid on my credit report?
I'm going through the same thing and I hope this answer is the best. When the original creditor sends a account into collection, a collection agency buys the account in hopes to offer some type of settlement with the person if possible. Once you've paid the full amount or what the settlement is, you can ask if they delete. If they say yes, they would send you a confirmation letter via mail or email with a letter to send or fax to the collection agencies that this debt has been paid and should be off the report forever :) hopes this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment