Sunday, March 14, 2010

Does a zero balance on a mortgage Charge off mean they sold the debt?

I have a 2nd mortgage charge off listed as bad debt with a zero balance. Does the zero balance mean they sold the debt to another company. If I wanted to obtain that information how would I do so? My credit report just states that it was "Bad Debt" and charged off as profits and loss.

Does a zero balance on a mortgage Charge off mean they sold the debt?
Hi,





It seems that your lender tried to collect from you the outstanding amount but were un able to do so and therefore wrote it off as a loss in its profit and loss account. I think that your lender will claim it as a loss and therefore deduct it from its profits. It would be best to call your lender and ask for a clarification. You can also ask the credit report company to ask what it means.








No comments:

Post a Comment